TOMORROW: GRIPP year-end conference: "The Bouchard-Taylor report, one year later: international perspectives/ Le rapport Taylor-Bouchard, un an plus tard: perspectives internationales
* This conference will provide an opportunity to critically reflect on the Commissioners' report, their analysis and recommendations, as well as the broader lessons we might draw from the process. Drawing on their diverse national experiences of multiculturalism, the invited speakers will extend the Québec debate on "reasonable accommodation."
* May 1st and 2nd, 2009
* Université de Montréal (Salle 1035, Pavillon J-Armand Bombardier)
* Tariq Modood, Bristol University
* Jeff Spinner-Halev, University of North Carolina
* Avigail Eisenberg, University of Victoria
* Monique Deveaux, Williams College
* Will Kymlicka, Queen's University
* Éléonore Lepinard, Université de Montréal
* Manuel Toscano Méndez, Universidad de Malaga and CRÉUM
* Jacob Levy, McGill University
* Dominique Leydet, Université du Québec à Montréal
Friday MAY 1
8.45-9 Registration, Coffee
9.30-12 Perspectives from English Canada
Commentator: Dominique Leydet
12-1.30 Lunch (catered)
1.30-5 Perspectives from Europe
Commentator: Jacob Levy
Saturday MAY 2
9-11 Perspectives from the U.S.
Commentator: Manuel Toscano Méndez
* Please note: Although most presentations will be made in English, we encourage passive bilingualism, and individuals may request simultaneous translation as needed.
* Admission is free and open to all, but advance registration is required. Please register by Monday, April 20 at the latest by e-mailing Will at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* For more information, please contact Anna by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at 514-343-6111 extension 2932.
* Note: To access the Bouchard-Taylor report, which can be downloaded in French or in English, visit http://www.accommodements.qc.ca/index-en.html
* Organized by Daniel Weinstock and Anna Carastathis, with assistance from Will Colish and Martin Blanchard, Centre de recherche en éthique de l'Université de Montréal.